L&S COPY CENTER PROCEDURES REGARDING THE COPYING AND SALE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL FOR CLASSROOM USE
Instructors who wish to sell instructional material copied for classroom use are expected to take responsibility to ensure that use of the material is consistent with the guidelines and criteria found at the following link:
If you need assistance navigating copyright, permission and reuse issues, please use the “contact us” link found at the bottom of the page at the library site.
- The handouts being sold are in lieu of other required text material.
- Students have the option of buying the handout or not, and this is communicated to them. At least one copy (and more depending on the size of the class) will be placed on reserve in a library or reading room for students who do not purchase the handout/packet.
- Only the costs of preparing and copying the handouts are passed on to the students (including applicable sales tax).
Please provide the copy center with the following, along with your packet:
- Cover sheet (which we will print as part of the total packet) to help identify material, as follows:
- Name/Number of Class, including section number (if applicable)
- Name of Instructor/Teaching Assistant
- Semester/Year in which the course is being offered
- Bibliography of titles, chapters, or page numbers as appropriate (or relatively short syllabi with the readings to be copied clearly marked).
Note: we are required to charge State and County sales tax. This cost will be added to the cost of reproducing the class handouts/packets.